We are recruiting a Quality Control Manager for our lumber grading bureau. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals with lumber grading experience to pursue a dynamic and challenging career path.
This position has both an educational and quality control monitoring component. The successful candidate must be familiar with National Lumber Grades Authority (NLGA) grading rules and prepared to travel extensively to conduct site-based inspections.
As a Quality Control Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring AFPA member products using NLGA grading rules
- Understanding AFPA accreditation requirements with the American Lumber Standard Committee (ALSC) and Canadian Lumber Standards Accreditation Board (CLSAB)
- Delivering outstanding training and service to members
- Providing consistent communications with members
The ideal candidate will have:
- Valid AFPA Grading Certificate or equivalent
- Self-confidence, perseverance, and the ability to manage tasks under tight timelines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to succeed
- The ability to build relationships with member companies and other agencies
- Experience in conflict management
- Working knowledge of office administration and software, including Microsoft Office products
- A strong commitment to safety
Applications must be submitted by August 1. All résumés should be sent to the attention of Normand Dupuis firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 780-455-0505.